|UEF Nuke Missile Silo|
The Tactical / Nuclear Missile Launch Facility is a UEF indirect fire structure. It serves as a missile silo for both tactical and strategic missiles. Readying it to fire strategic missiles can take much of the game as first it must be researched, then the facility must be built and finally the nukes themselves must be constructed. Once launched a strategic missile can take out mass amounts of units or entire bases, provided they are not stopped by enemy Nuclear Defense first.
- The UEF Nuclear Missle Launch Facility is the only one of its kind, as the illuminate have a separate tactical missile launcher and the cybran strategic missile launcher has Anti-Nukes as well.
- Once built the Missile Launch Facility will automatically launch tactical missiles at any targets, detected by radar, within range.
- Since anti-nukes can cheaply eliminate strategic missiles, accurate intelligence is imperative to make each nuclear missile worth the resources.
- With the addition of the Infinite War DLC Cybrans armies gain the Boomerang Nuke Redirector. Scout frequently and be wary of Boomerangs. As bad as it is to have an expensive nuke blocked it is much worse to have an unstoppable nuke redirected back at its launch facility.
- While the ability to launch tactical missiles is a good bonus Fortified Artillery is usually a better choice for indirect fire assault and defense. Since Fortified Artillery is easier to research, faster to build and cheaper to produce than Missile Launch Facilities.
- Nukes can be fired just outside the range of anti-nukes and still do decent damage to the enemy base since the splash of the explosion can reach farther than the range of anti-nukes.