The Illuminate Electroshock tech allows a energy generator to be changed into a long range Point Defense for a period of time.
- Range is 33% farther than the illuminate PD (or +50% more range of other factions). This is 10 range units farther than mobile missile launchers.
- Damage is 80% of a PD's unupgraded damage while active.
- Beam instantly hits its target, so that there is less wasted DPS.
- Energy generators are cheap, costing about 36% of the cost of a regular PD.
- Energy is generated while the ability is active.
- Effective if placed behind regular point defense
- This weapon takes 300 energy to use. If you had mass conversion, that means you lost 30 mass.
- You cannot assign a target to the beams, so it has a tendency to target buildings over units.
- This ability has about a 30% duty cycle (meaning it rests for about twice the time it is active)